Wednesday 18 November 2009

NICOLAS CAGE STARS IN "BAD LIEUTENANT"

The movie is actually called "Bad Lieutenant : Port of Call New Orleans" and its the sequel to the controversial 1992 film.

The story is about Terence McDonagh, a drug- and gambling-addled detective in post-Katrina New Orleans investigating the killing of five Senegalese immigrants.



Director Werner Herzog and star actor Nicolas Cage described a typical day on the set:

We had prop cocaine. Nicolas would sniff it, and I would ask him to shift positions,” Herzog recently recalled. “From the moment I would ask him to move, he would be acting erratic. All of a sudden, I had the feeling: For God’s sake, has he taken cocaine?”

Cage darkened at the memory of Herzog’s on-set interrogation. “I would be psyching myself up, using my imagination to believe I was really blasted on coke,” Cage said. “I take this little vial of saccharine-type stuff, and I would snort it and try to build that fourth wall around myself, get all agitated so I could believe I was this crazy cop who was high. And Werner would say to me, ‘Nicolas, what is in that vial?’ I’d be like, ‘You’ve got to be kidding!’

BONUS: Eva Mendez plays the drug-addicted prostitute girlfriend of Nicolas Cage.



If Filmdrunk "wholeheartedly recommends" this movie and tells us that it is probably Cage's best performance of his career then it MUST be good.

Click HERE for their review.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment