Twitter is another addition in a group of stupid and addictive stuff around the internet. You are all familiar with Facebook. I'm sure you have heard about hi5, WAYN, MySpace, etc. This one is another time wasting service. But what does it do?
Their website, http://twitter.com/, offers the following details:
1) What is twitter? Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?
2) Why use twitter? Why? Because even basic updates are meaningful to family members, friends, or colleagues—especially when they’re timely.
- Eating soup? Research shows that moms want to know.
- Running late to a meeting? Your co–workers might find that useful.
- Partying? Your friends may want to join you.
Twitter puts you in control and becomes a modern antidote to information overload.
So basically you can type what you are doing at the moment and update your status. Pretty lame but possibly addictive. I won't give it a try. I'll wait for stupid Cypriots to catch up and then I just might ride the wave.
Check out what Snoop is doing right now...
Also: Twitter Facts